Sunday 6 January 2013

2012 in Review


Well 2012 has probably been one of the most intense years of my life. It had its fair share of brilliant things and horrid things, but all in all it was an amazing year.

Here are my resolutions for this year (they're a bit more practical and abstract than last year's but I like that.)

2013
Eat more fish
Relax more
Take more baths
Start Yoga again
Attend at least one life drawing class
Organise an exhibition



And here's a review of 2012's resolutions:
  • Get a job in Manchester
    I'm pleased to announce I am a junior digital designer at Just Search in their recently established design and development team. I'm excited to be involved with developing the department further in 2013, it's going to be a very exciting year.
  • Learn a new craft/new piece of software
    Since starting at Just Search I've been using Adobe Fireworks for the first time.
  • Create/print/sell my first ever zine
    Alas this didn't happen. I've made a few prints, but that's just me making excuses. I still really want to make and distribute one.
  • Finish the Alphabet Bestiary series
    Another resolution that didn't come to pass. I haven't given up on the Alphabet Bestiary series yet though. When I've completed all 26 beasts I'm hoping to have them organised as an exhibition (which ties in nicely with one of 2013's resolutions).
  • See an animal I've never seen before
    I wasn't sure how I was going to achieve this one; considering the amount of zoos I've visited and time I've spent ambling around Cumbria. But I realised I have actually completed this resolution. I've never seen jays before, but I saw loads of them on the way to my job interviews in Adlington.
  • Go to a music festival
    I didn't manage to make it to a music festival this year, but I've seen plenty of brilliant bands since moving to Manchester. You can see a post on some of them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...